Snuff bottle collection is determined by fine, better not to abuse; don’t buy the snuff bottle with unreasonable price, should wait for the opportunity, can not act with undue haste.
- Jade snuff bottles are afraid of sweat.
- Alkali and ammonia. Especially the “glass jade from old pit” and “ice jade” should avoid grease, so do not put jade snuff bottles in fume, nor the sun.
- After each palying with the snuff bottles, we should wipe them with soft cloth wipe, do not use any chemical detergent or other detergent to wash.
- We should collect snuff bottles well before spraying air freshener, glue, or the use of pesticides indoor, to avoid splashing.
- The snuff bottle itself has pores or delicate texture, such as Turquoise snuff bottles, avoid near smoke or steam. Smoking should also not close the snuff bottle, to prevent the color from blue to gray green.
- Do not put snuff bottles in high humidity. In high humidity, turquoise snuff bottles will become pale.
- The famous snuff bottles in Qing Dynasty can’t be exposured to strong sunlight, because the infrared will increase the internal humidity of snuff bottle and the molecular activation, molecular in solution, the internal stress changes, cracking or warping; Color UV can damage the color of inside snuff bottles. Therefore, snuff bottles should not be put in contact with natural light, but also avoid the strong light, the sun light or ultraviolet lamp tube light. The glass cabinet placed should be best of an organic glass.
Advice of Collection.
Shanghai Wang Ding Collection experts advice: comprehensive choice of snuff bottles from exquisite decoration materials, techniques and famous artist. On the techniques, glassware inside painted is more, porcelain mainly uses pastels, colored enamel techniques; rare material is more popular in the market, such as Hetian jade, old glassware and Qing three dynasties’ porcelain.